Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday in Madison

Another long but satisfying day in Madison. Starting off, I drove into Madison from my son's home in Lake Mills to worship with my old F/friends at the Madison Friends Meeting (Quakers). Arriving earlier than I expected was serendipitous, as downstairs in the meeting house were dear friends, Karl and Tracey Bietz, whose marriage committee I convened for their wedding some 15 years ago. We had a good half hour to sit and schmooze with each other. As the hour neared for the monthly Meeting for Business, I was able to see various other dear friends. Worshiping with my original Quaker meeting was such a treat for me, having left Madison some four years ago. At the rise of meeting, I got together with even more and more of my old friends.

The planned meeting of JoJo's family did not take place, regrettably. She was ill upon awakening this morning and, as a consequence, neither she nor David made it home. In fact, she is still recovering from whatever has gotten her down. Such being the case, I was on my own all afternoon. I took the opportunity to drive back into Madison, via Cambridge, WI, a quaint village south of Lake Mills. I ended up stopping at Pam and my favorite eatery, Pedro's Mexican Restaurante (http://www.pedrosmexicanrestaurant.com/) for my favorite meal, shredded beef chimichanga, washed down with a Corona cerveza and strawberry Margarita for dessert.

Now, it's just relaxing and chilling for the rest of the evening.


No comments: